SMERF GROUP SALES MANAGER
The Sales Manager, Level II, is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in your market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.
Education & Experience:
- Two (2) year or four (4) year college degree preferred.
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in hotel sales or a related field required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
- Must be proficient with Windows operating systems
- Long hours sometimes required. Typically a 50 hour work week.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel, but which will include a mandatory daily ABR meeting.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and wearing name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers, Alcohol Awareness, CPR & First Aid
- Solicit assigned accounts to achieve or exceed budgeted rooms revenue and to improve performance in the marketplace.
- Must comply with attainment of individual goals
- Make sales appointments and cold calls to consistently prospect accounts for all direct sales segments.
- Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Accounts Coverage Program.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections, etc.
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments i.e. sales blitzes, etc.
- Attend and participate in Daily/Weekly Sales Meeting.
- Attend monthly meetings of assigned professional organizations.
- Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as scheduled.
- Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality sales policies and house rules.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to guests, other employees and managers.
- Attend monthly all-employee meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST).
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- React to negative trends in market place by implementing blitzes or catering promotions.
- Handle inquires as part of Inquiry Day Program.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager or Director of Sales.
If interested in applying, please email the Director of Sales, Allyson Garcia at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest!
Medical Meeting Planner- AACE - Jacksonville, Florida Area
AACE a local National Medical Association seeks Medical Meeting Professional who will be responsible for conducting daily management activities related to the planning and production of Association Annual Meetings, Clinical Congress, Satellite Symposiums, and all related activities as assigned.
Located in Jacksonville, we offer salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive insurance plans, pension plan and more. Please remit cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: HR and Benefits Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. AACE is an equal opportunity employer.
College degree and/or minimum of three years of experience or equivalent education in meeting planning and special events coordination, including but not limited to Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Non-CME events preferred knowledge of the CME accreditation process is beneficial. Understand and comply with industry guidelines and association policies. Must be detailed oriented. A high level of familiarity with word processing spreadsheet, and relational data base applications required. Excellent interpersonal skills, attitude, and professional demeanor are essential with members, vendors and staff. Must be able to travel to meetings and events as required including allowing a flexible schedule for evening and weekend work when necessary (moderate). Must be willing to work overtime as needed. Must have the ability to endure long hours of sitting, standing and/or walking; lifting and carrying of boxes of meeting materials within weight limits to be defined.
Local candidates preferred- relocation assistance will not be available
-----Please apply by clicking the above link.
Director of Sales
Salary: $43,305.60 - $67,163.20 Annually (DOE)
The Lakeland Center of The City of Lakeland seeks a degreed Director of Sales to work in the area of outside sales for the solicitation of procuring new events for the Center to include but not be limited to trade shows, meetings and conventions, and as such promote the benefits of the county/facility to prospective user groups.
The Lakeland Center is Central Florida’s premier entertainment, sports and convention complex with over 100,000 square feet of flexible space. The Lakeland Center is the only multipurpose facility in the state of Florida with four distinct venues under one roof. These venues include the 10,000 seat George Jenkins Arena, the 2,300 seat Youkey Theatre, 28,000 square feet Exhibit Hall, and the 34,000 square feet Conference Center. The Lakeland Center offers full catering and banquet services as well as audio-visual services, security and over 2,500 parking spaces.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in sales, mass communications, marketing, public relations, advertising or related field. Prefer experience with facility entertainment, meeting planning, convention or tourism industry or related background in sales. Direct experience in sales, promotions and public relations beneficial.
A primary function of this position is to develop and implement a sales strategy to attract, book, and retain new events for The Lakeland Center. The incumbent will work on a base salary with a commission incentive attained by reaching revenue goals established by the Executive Director based on historical sales revenues.” Additionally, this position will work with area organizations to enhance outside sales; i.e. Central Florida Visitors and Convention Bureau, facility in-house caterer, and area hotels sales representatives.
The Lakeland Center offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that will vary based on the credentials and proven abilities of the individual selected based on qualifications and accomplishments. The City of Lakeland’s excellent benefit package includes medical, dental, and vision plans, disability plans, life insurance, paid time off and a robust pension plan.
Interested applicants should submit an online application @
Applicants must submit a resume and transcript with application.
“Continuous” – Position may close at any time without notice.
630 Brooker Creek Blvd.
Oldsmar, FL 34677
Project Director Job Description
• Responsible for update and maintenance of conference and databases and required reports using spreadsheets, databases, and word processing programs; maintain accurate records of all work assignments.
• Track registration and input attendance evaluations for conferences and meetings
• Help maintain speaker databases for all events
• Work in general support of the department relative to telephone, email, and fax support; assist callers with inquiries and provide information; assist with meeting plan preparations.
• Maintain project timelines
• Responsible for internal weekly status meeting updates
• Continue to identify processes and procedures that enhance the efficiency and profitability of the organization
• Keep Project Director informed of activities and seek involvement and/or advice at appropriate times
• Be responsible for materials being produced with high quality, without error and in a timely manner
• Other related duties as assigned.
Any interest and
resumes can be directed to email@example.com.
Food and Beverage Administrative Assistant
The Straz Center for the Performing Arts is recruiting for the position of full-time Food and Beverage Administrative Assistant. The position reports to the General Manager of Food and Beverage and supports the efficient operations of the Food and Beverage Department by performing general administrative and operational duties. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide general administrative and clerical support to the Food and Beverage department; including answering phone calls and responding to emails.
• Supervise cash room and attendants staff.
• Maintain efficient system to process all food and beverage invoices; expedite various requests in a timely manner.
• Ensure all closing paperwork for all food and beverage outlets is properly completed.
• Coordinate exchange of daily deposit, receipts, and change fund orders to the Finance Department.
• Maintain product inventory.
• High School Diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a comparable facility or related
• One-year previous experience in Bookkeeping and/or Accounting and one-year of computer experience in accounting applications.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, and Power Point
• Familiar with inventory cost control.
• Knowledge of the food and beverage field.
• Self-motivated with strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• May require some evening and/or weekends.
For consideration, please submit a resume, together with cover letter to Human
Resources by e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
; or by fax to 813.202.1577 or by regular mail
to 1010 North W.C. MacInnes Place Tampa FL 33602. No Third Parties please.
For more information on the our company, please visit www.strazcenter.org
The David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PAID INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact the individual below:
Owner / Event Designer
P 813.995.9696 • F 813.929.0128
Visit Us: www.MyEventDesign.com
Details on Internship:
1) Is it a paid internship? If so, how much Yes, we offer a $9.00/rate for week that takes place during the week (in office, computer, phone, etc) and $12.00/hr rate for any on site event work that typically takes place on weekends.
2) What are the hours required The hours do vary based on the event schedule, but consistently a (4) hour shift on Wednesday afternoons (ideally Wed, can be flexible) and a Fri, Sat and/or Sat, could be anywhere from 3-10 hours, again based on the number of events and location of the events we have on any given weekend. We are advertising for the position for a 10 hour /week commitment.
3) How long is the term of internship? Open , flexible on season, or if the student is away for the summer, etc.
4) What kind of training will your organization offer to the student? Any and everything. Our company specializes in Event Production and Planning, working along the Production team, the student will gain first hand knowledge of what it takes to produce a wedding or event, from the moment it reaches the sales team, through the planning, purchase of materials/florals/linens, to the production and execution of the event, followed by our post-event wrap up process after each event. They will have an opportunity to work tangibly with our product, meet fellow vendors in the industry and practice skills that will benefit them in anything from marketing, design, event set up, break down,planning assistance, etc.
5) Where is the company Located? Our office is in Lutz off US 41
Front Office Manager
Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino
Jocie Rivera, CMP CTP