to secure your spot
Sarah Lippy, CMP
Meetings & Special Events Planner
Executive Incentives & Travel
JM Family Enterprises, Inc.
I’m involved with the 2015 MPI Southeast Educational Conference because:
I’ll gain exposure to fresh ideas, influential education sessions and new relationships through networking that I can bring back to share with my team.
What Unlocks Your Ingenuity?
Our team of innovative planners come together once a week to brainstorm and build off each other’s ideas and experiences. Collaboration is a big part of our success.
Florida Chapters e-Newsletter Profiles – July 2015
- Sarah, as a planner, tell us about what you do. I plan, execute and assist with all aspects of corporate events for our associates, including special events, smaller meetings and larger offsite incentive trips. I work with internal clients, external vendors and customers.
- How long have you been in the industry and how did you get into the conference events business?
I started out with various hospitality internships while at Florida Gulf Coast University, which is when I fell in love with the industry. After I graduated in 2011 with a degree in Resort & Hospitality Management, I worked as an Event Manager in a luxury resort in Naples, Florida. I have been planning meetings and special events with JM Family since April 2014.
3. As a member of the South Florida Chapter, tell us about your role in the Chapter and if you’re involved in any committees, volunteer roles, etc.
As a member, I attend various networking and education events. I assisted the Education Committee last fall by putting together a presentation for prospective CMP candidates to help them understand the application process, study tips and what to expect during the exam.
4. What measures have you taken toward the professional development of your career and what are your 2015 goals for additional development.
In 2014 I joined MPI and also obtained my CMP certification, which was a huge personal and professional goal. This year I plan to participate in more educational conferences, keep attending industry events for inspiration and take advantage of professional development courses that are offered within JM Family.
5. Have you attended past SEC events and if so, what did you glean from them?
This will be my first SEC event. Looking forward to being able to answer that question though!
6. Do you have a “dream” conference speaker? If so, who would that be and why?
As a huge fan of ABC’s Shark Tank, I’m very excited to hear Daymond John speak. He is beyond successful and motivating, so his keynote presentation is a big draw for me.
7. If you were a mentor to an up and coming planner, how would you share the benefits of attending the 2015 MPI SEC event?
Being new to the planner side, I actually consider myself to be an up-and-comer. It goes without saying that the major benefits are being able to see new trends, meeting with new vendors and suppliers, exchanging ideas with peers, and earning CEU’s that will all help make me a better, more valuable planner for my team and company.
Please provide background info on the company you work for, an example is below for review:
Company: JM Family Enterprises, Inc.
Overview: JM Family Enterprises, Inc., founded by Jim Moran in 1968, is a $13.1 billion diversified automotive company ranked No. 23 on Forbes’ list of “America’s Largest Private Companies.” It is also ranked No. 34 by FORTUNE® as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®, its 17th consecutive year on the list. JM Family has approximately 4,100 associates and its primary subsidiaries include: Southeast Toyota Distributors, the world’s largest independent distributor of Toyota and Scion vehicles; JM&A Group, one of the leading independent providers of finance and insurance (F&I) products in the automotive industry; World Omni Financial Corp., a diversified financial services company; JM Lexus, the largest volume Lexus dealership in the world; and JM Service Center LLC, the company’s internal shared services center. Headquartered in Deerfield Beach, Fla., JM Family has major U.S. operations in Jacksonville and Margate, Fla.; Commerce and Alpharetta, Ga.; Mobile, Ala.; and St. Louis, Mo. Interact with JM Family at Facebook.com/JMFamilyEnterprises.
If you want to join Sarah at SEC please visit http://2015.mpisec.com.